|I don't look nearly this sexy when I do my muscle-ups...|
because I can't do a muscle-up... yet!
10 Things I've Learned in 10 Months of Crossfit:
- When you're committed to taking a 6:00 am class and that alarm goes off at 5:30, you must remind yourself that showing up is the hardest part. It's harder than the pull-ups. It's harder than the burpees. Ignore the voice inside you and just show up!
- You aren't the fastest or the strongest, and that's okay. There will always be someone better than you. Let them inspire you, then, inspire yourself by doing your best.
- Respect that your body changes everyday. A 400 meter run can be a piece of cake one day and feel like torture the next. Hormones.
- Whether you're squatting or running keep your head up.
- Nothing compares to the feeling of finishing a WOD. You want that feeling. You love that feeling. And the only way to get it is to do a WOD. You reap what you sow. Sow somethin'!
- Never row barefoot. It hurts.
- Don't eat cupcakes before a workout. Eat them after. Or don't eat them at all... unless it's your birthday... or someone else's birthday. Or, whatever.
- Doing your best is the best you can do.
- Introduce yourself. Go ahead and be that person. You know that person? The really nice one who extends a hand to every new face she sees to say "welcome" and "we're in this together". Yeah. Be her.
- Have fun! Really. Because it is.
Get movin' homies!